Hager Environmental and Atmospheric Technologies (HEAT), headquartered in Knoxville, TN, is searching for a Mechanical Engineer with 20 years of experience in design and testing.
HEAT is a cutting-edge environmental company using a one-of-a-kind NASA Spinoff technology used to detect and measure on-road vehicle emissions. Imagine a Silicon Valley meets East Tennessee! HEAT has made an impact worldwide with this groundbreaking remote sensing device and is building a team to meet the demands of a growing client base.
Our preferred candidate should be very comfortable with working within a team while working on multiple projects at a time, and should be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet tight deadlines. The ideal candidate must be able to wear many different hats and be able to contribute to a range of projects.
For more information on our really exciting technology, please, visit our website at www.heatremotesensing.com
Essential Job Functions:
- Evaluate mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs, applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
- Confirm system and product capabilities by designing feasibility and testing methods.
- Develop manufacturing processes (i.e.m equipment design and modification) and designing, building, assembling, and installing components.
- Prepare product reports and answers questions and requests related to calculations.
- Train and guide technicians in the proper use of the equipment.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Exhibit and practice professional and courteous behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers.
- Adhere to a work schedule including prompt and regular attendance.
- Able to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to pull and maneuver a small trailer (i.e. a boat trailer or small u-haul trailer)
- Familiarity with project management is a plus.
- Education: A degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
- Experience: Minimum 15-20 years of experience. Applicant with less experience will not be considered.
- Proficiency in metal structural engineering is a must.
- Must have the ability to think and work quickly while thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be SolidWorks expert who is able to develop innovative solutions to deploy our equipment (trusses).
- Must have good written and oral communication skills.
- Must be an innovative thinker who takes initiative and is able to take on projects with little guidance while maintaining cost-control measures.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, able to document work.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Must be a US Citizen / Authorized to work in the US.
- Being able to contribute to and advance with a rapidly growing company.
- Working with a one-of-a-kind advanced technology that is in high demand worldwide.
- Small business atmosphere. If you like to do a little of everything and be busy, this is the job for you.
- Rewarding work that helps the environment.
- Ability to work with highly skilled and renowned engineers and scientists.
- Be involved in creative and innovative projects.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering (Required)
- Mechanical Engineering: 20 years (Required)
- SolidWorks: 15 years (Required)
- US Citizen or Authorized to work in the US (Required)
Work Location: One location